Cheerful service is a central part of the Boy Scouts program.
Throughout the year Scouts of all ages participate in acts of service with their individual Troops (or Cub Scout Packs). In fact, you may have already benefited from service projects performed by Scouts in your community. Scouts often:
- Place flags on the graves of veterans during Memorial Day and Veteran’s Day
- Clean Up community parks, beaches, or public areas as a service to the town
- Volunteer and distribute cards at senior centers
- Retire US flags that have become too worn for use
- Clear brush from fire prone areas
- Assist with parking at community events
And yes, they even help the occasional elderly lady across the street!
To Learn More About Scouting and find your local Scouting unit Click Here!